Wednesday 13 March 2013

Gisacum!

 



One of the great things about working as an assistant is that I get to go on lots of sorties scolaires (school outings) and I get to see loads of cool things without paying with a group of cracking students.

Last mardi, I went with a group of 6emes (11-12 years old) to the Roman ruins in Vieil Evreux.
There are ruins of a roman bath house, and a temple that is thought to have been dedicated to Apollo, as well as a town which was shaped as a hexagon with all the houses on the outside. It really was an immense compound. At the moment, the digs are still continuing, there's always more to be found!
Another thing I found out which thrilled me is that they also do re-enactments! How cool is that!

Here are some pictures of the ruins:



Want to find out more? Here's a bilingual flyer! 

And lastly, the next trip I'm scheduled to go on is to Paris with another group of students, so stay tuned!

Alors, à la prochaine fois, mes amis!


No comments:

Post a Comment