Friday 10 August 2012

Jeux Olympiques à Londres 2012!

You can see the lights from the stadium at night from my house
I live in London when I'm not in Cardiff, and so throughout the Olympics, I've been right in the heart of it. I've pretty much watched all the major events and have a knack for cheering on the under dog.

More interestingly though, and more relevant, are the fact that France are quite low down on the medal table at the moment, which is disappointing. When you type a search in on google, they're 7th on the league tables, with only 9 golds, whereas at the moment, GB have 25.

That being said, France's best sport is usually the fencing, they're beasts at it, and it's yet to come. They're world 2nd when it comes to medals gained in fencing, only slightly behind Italy. This year though, Italy don't seem as into it as they could be, so I'm willing to put money on Gold for France!

Another interesting fact about the Olympics this year is the hearing of National Anthems, which no nationals seem to actually know! It's sweet though, they do try...

Feeling particularly French? Here, sing along with the medal winners (complete with english translation- with complimentary errors... :P)

I'll leave you with one last thing-
While having a snoop at the medal tables for France I came across this little gem. Courtesy of the Telegraph's French Olympics page:

The country's history in six words
Losing wars, losing heads, still smoking


No comments:

Post a Comment