Monday 10 September 2012

Moins de deux semaines!

Less than two weeks now before I leave for France!

La Nourriture! 

I've started making a list of things that I need to take with me and I've realised that there are a lot of home comforts that I'm not going to have while in France. So to remedy this, I've decided to bring a load of food with me just to let my body adjust to the culinary changes!

So far, I've decided I'll be taking fruitella, ginger tea and pringles. Pretty staple student food. This should tide me over until my stomach can start to deal with the rich french tastes.

Also, my mum has said that food in France is much more expensive than what we buy here, and seeing as when we're on holiday she buys all the stuff, I don't doubt her! So I've even thought about taking a trolley load of food with me to last me till Christmas, just in case...

Les Traductions!

I've recently been informed by the British Council (the people sending me abroad) that I'll need a full birth certificate translation which is certified by the FCO (big company dealing with foreign documents). If I don't have this, I can't be put on the french system and therefore not be able to be paid...

After making esquires, I've been told I'll need to fork out at least £120 for a translation and an apostille. Well, wasn't budgeting for that so I'm glad I'll be taking food from the UK! However, there's a brighter side to this, when I've graduated and eventually become a translator, at least I know that if I translate one full birth certificate a week, I'll be able to easily pay my rent, and even have money left over for a pack of fruitella. Nice.







No comments:

Post a Comment