Sunday 18 November 2012

My flat

It's been a while, hasn't it! I've been very very busy getting settled in after the introductory observation period ended, I'm now a fully functioning language assistant, and have to prepare lessons and what have you!

At the moment, with my younger pupils, we've been working on colours and some simple nouns, such as flower, butterfly, moth ect. I wonder if you guys know what they are in french... I didn't know moth until I prepared that lesson...
Anddd, with the older 17-18 year olds I teach, we're going through role plays for essential vocab for living in England, as they are going to be doing some work experience over there for a couple of weeks.


Anyway, back to the post. I want to talk about my flat here, and include a mini tour. It's a 55m2 studio, with an upstairs and a downstairs, and on a gated property. Here are some photos:

This is one of my very first meals, c'était un potage simple, avec des carottes, des pommes de terre et autres legumes... c'était super bon!


This is my kitchen, and as you can see, I couldn't resist having Heinz ketchup in my larder... and in that black bag hanging up is a rather large variety of British biscuits...


Here is the living room areas, complete with tv and coffee table...


... and voilà, mon lit, et mon doudou, Cwtch...


I also have very steep stairs leading down to the front door and the bathroom.


Complete with all my shoes!


This was a painting that a relative of my landlord had done, they've also decorated much of the furniture in the flat too.


My small dining table.


And this is the view from the sofa to the rest of the flat, and of course, you can see my welsh flag by the mirror!



So this is only a short entry, but I very much appreciate those who take time to read it! If you want to see anything in particular about my life out here, leave a message.

Bonne soirée à vous tous!





2 comments:

  1. Wow, your flat looks so cool, also I love your shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your flat is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete